Director Environmental, Health & Safety
An innovative, leading global manufacturer has an immediate need for a Director of Environmental, Health & Safety for a growing manufacturing business. This EH&S Leader will support multiple plants located on a campus with a total of about 500 employees. This is a "hands-on" role that oversees the day-to-day Environmental, Health & Safety operations. They are looking for someone who can implement a Behavior-Based Safety System along with managing the environmental side. This job is all about Leadership...someone that can take their EH&S Program to the next level!
This organization is a $650M division of a Multi-Billion dollar corporation. Their business is highly profitable with a lot of employee pride! Additionally, this position offers a ton of visibility at both the company level as well as the parent company. They provide an excellent benefit package along with bonus potential!
- You will direct all EH&S initiatives for a multi-shift manufacturing campus
- Drive a Behavior-Based / Visual Based Safety System and monitor / manage all EH&S key performance indicators
- Ensure compliance with the EPA, OSHA and other governmental regulations and be the primary company representative in communicating with these agencies
- You will drive the success of safety goals through training and coaching of managers, supervisors and production employees
- Will offer solutions to common safety problems and execute recommendations
- Will also manage all environmental items and reporting for the campus
- Proactively partner with Human Resources regarding all safety metrics and issues
- Will lead all Safety Committees as well as all Wellness Programs
- Maintains all ISO 14001 guidelines, procedures, documentation and auditing
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Safety, Environmental, or related field
- Must also have a minimum of 8 years of solid, progressive experience in EH&S Management in a multi-shift, manufacturing environment
- CSP or other industry designation or certification preferred
- Well versed in both safety and environmental
- Exceptional team skills are absolutely necessary to be successful!
- Training & organizational development skills
- Must be a safety & health technical expert including health regulations and legal requirements knowledge
- Excellent communication, both written & verbal are required
- Must be a "Hands-On" Safety Champion with demonstrated experience at leading all things Safety for a large manufacturing operation
Key words: EH&S, Safety, Environmental, Manufacturing, OSHA, EPA, Non-Union, Behavior Based Safety, Visual Based Safety, Health, Compliance, Wellness, Worker’s Compensation, Regulations, Training, Organizational Development, Audit, Lockout, Tagout, Reporting