A worldwide provider of technology solutions for the Energy Industry has an immediate need for a Quality Manager to be based at their Western Pennsylvania manufacturing plant. This "High-Visibility" position will also support four (4) US locations and have cradle-to-grave Quality responsibility. Additionally, the Quality manager has both strategic and tactical responsibility for the Division.
Our client offers a phenomenal, family-oriented company culture along with a tremendous amount of visibility, are they are considered the industry leader in Quality! Also, this World Class organization offers an excellent compensation package including annual bonus incentive as well as unlimited growth potential!
- Direct supervision for a large team of 5 direct and up to 7 indirect quality professionals along with 4 US manufacturing locations
- Will have cradle-to-grave quality responsibilities, from new product development, shop floor quality, customer quality, supplier quality, quality systems, etc...
- Ensures quality of all manufactured components
- Promotes standardization of quality processes and systems within the division
- Will develop , coach & mentor internal quality talent
- Partners with all other departments including engineering, supply chain, operations, etc...
- Budgetary responsibility, continuously setting improved targets over the results and accordingly to business requirements
- Champion a strong safety culture
- Constantly drive continuous improvement efforts across the organization
- MUST HAVE a Bachelors Degree, prefer in Engineering (Masters or MBA degree preferred)
- Prefer a Six Sigma Black Belt certification and must have a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and have regularly used / implemented Lean Initiatives
- A minimum of 6 years of Quality Management experience in an industrial manufacturing operation with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Proficient in the use of Quality Management Systems such as ISO 9001, auditing processes and corrective action
- Must have experience in statistical quality engineering, inspection, auditing, calibration, and understands the cost of quality
- Must be data driven with strong analytical abilities and must also be innovative and decisive
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong employee relations and team building skills with a coaching, mentoring personality
- Financial and general business acumen required
- Demonstrated experience with problem solving
- Significant experience driving culture of continuous improvement
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, at all levels within an organization
- Budgeting and forecasting along with strong computer skills
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Keywords: Quality, Supplier Quality, Customer Quality, Quality Systems, Production, Manufacturing, Budget, Continuous Improvement, Assembly, Union, Safety, Cost, Delivery, Engineering, Process Improvement, Lean, Value Stream Mapping, Energy, ISO, CQE, CQA, CQM, Six Sigma Black Belt, Statistical Quality Engineering, Service, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, Auditing, DMAIC, Operational Excellence