Manufacturing Process Engineer
Position is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of manual to highly automated assembly and test equipment in a automotive component manufacturing facility. Will focus on post/new product launch activities, through-put and scrap reduction.
Position is located in Central, Ohio.
- Lead continuous improvement activities for existing manufacturing processes and workflows to identify areas for improvement
- Design and implement tooling modifications for continuous improvement
- Assign metrics of OEE, Scrap, Uptime, Cost and Quality
- Improve existing or new launch equipment to ensure process capabilities
- Prepare and maintain documentation for manufacturing processes
- CAD design of automation systems, tools, fixtures, gages, etc.
- Hands on experience in maintaining and developing electro-mechanical equipment
- 5 + years’ experience designing and launching assembly and test equipment
- BS degree in Electrical, Mechanical or other Engineering discipline
- Problem solving abilities with Project Management experience
- Experience with PLC and other machine controls
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma or similar lean/problem solving techniques
- Experience in Resistance and Laser welding a plus
- Plastic Injection Molding experience would be a strong plus
Keywords: Engineering , Automotive, Process Improvement, CI, Tooling, CAD, PLC, Plastics, Welding, Project Management