A premier manufacturer has an immediate need for a "High-Potential" Manufacturing Engineer for their Assembly Operations Area. Due to the volume of business they have, they are looking to hire a Manufacturing Engineer with 2 to 3 years of experience out of college that they can continue to mentor and develop. The core focus of the position is to provide engineering support to their Assembly Operations, helping to increase productivity while maintaining safety and quality.
Why this organization? They are the INDUSTRY LEADER in their industry and have a strong commitment to safety, quality and productivity and are also known for developing internal talent. Additionally, they have a lot of employee pride due to the products they manufacture!! They are also very strong financially with plenty of orders booked for the next several years.
- Provide Process / Manufacturing Engineering support for Assembly Operations
- Make safety the #1 priority for all employees
- Daily troubleshooting of common production problems
- Drive Lean & Continuous Improvement best practices to help increase productivity
- Coach and mentor production employees
- Oversight for tooling, equipment, fixturing, etc...
- Make recommendations that will help drive productivity
- BS Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 2-3 years of Manufacturing Engineering experience in manufacturing
- Prefer experience in large scale fabrication, machine shop and/or painting processes
- Must be a "Hands-On" Engineer, out of the factory floor providing support
- Exceptional team skills along with excellent communication, both written & verbal
- Strong commitment to Workplace Safety
- Good troubleshooting skills with a commitment to quality
- Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement implementation
- Will support other departments including Maintenance, Quality, etc... as needed
- Strong computer skills
Key words: Manufacturing Engineer, Process Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Safety, Quality, Fabrication, Machine Shop, Painting, Lean, Continuous Improvement, Fixtures, Tooling, Equipment, Troubleshooting