A worldwide provider of technology solutions for the Energy Industry has an immediate need for an Industrial Engineer to based at one of their critical manufacturing plants. This "High-Visibility" position is crucial to the continued success of the plant and will lead process improvement activities, lean manufacturing implementation, and operational excellence along with some classic Industrial Engineering duties such as time studies, routings, etc...
The Industrial Engineer is responsible for the oversight of quality, efficiency and capability of the manufacturing process, intending to optimize the flow of products with a focus on reducing product cost and lead time. The position reports directly to the Engineering Manager.
Our client offers a phenomenal, family-oriented company culture along with a tremendous amount of visibility, and they are considered an industry leader in their market!
- Manages various product value streams through the plant, ensuring the flow of product is optimized and can meet customer demand levels
- Develop system designs and shop floor layouts
- Use SPC to continuously identify ways to improve process capabilities
- Improve manufacturing processes by leveraging proven continuous improvement methods, ensuring production can meet customer demands, driving towards zero defect manufacturing
- Provide input and direction on Root Cause Analysis for Corrective Action Requests
- Leads Cost on Non Quality reduction initiatives
- Develop Standard Operating Procedures to document new processes or modifications to existing ones
- Partner with Engineering to support new product development efforts, First Article Inspections and ensuring all manufacturing process related activities are adhered to
- MUST HAVE a Bachelors Degree in Industrial Engineering or a related engineering degree
- Prefer a Six Sigma Green Belt certification and must have a good understanding of Lean Manufacturing and have regularly used / implemented Lean Initiatives
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of hands-on experience in Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma (DMAIC), and other Continuous Improvement & Operational Excellence methods
- Proven experience leading Kaizen events
- Working knowledge and utilization of Quality related tools including Statistical Process Control (SPC), APQP and Quality Systems
- Strong problem solving skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills, both written & verbal, at all levels within an organization
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn about new processes and procedures
Keywords: Industrial Engineering, Lean, Six Sigma, Quality, Quality Systems, Production, Manufacturing, Continuous Improvement, Kaizen, Time Studies, Bill-of-Materials, Union, Engineering, Process Improvement, Value Stream Mapping, Six Sigma Green Belt, SPC, APQP, Root Cause Analysis, Corrective Action, DMAIC