Continuous Improvement Manager
Columbus, Indiana, United States
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Category: Manufacturing / Production
Industry: Manufacturing & Dist / Automotive
Salary: 120000 - 135000
Reference ID: 6298
Date Posted: 03/04/2021
Continuous Improvement Manager
An innovative capital equipment manufacturer has an immediate need for a Continuous Improvement Manager for their growing business. This Lean Manufacturing Leader will support multiple plants located on their campus with a total of about 500 employees. This is a "hands-on" role that will lead the roll-out & training of lean tools and systems. They are just starting their lean journey and need a true, Lean Leader that will focus on driving people to project completion, drive for results, obtain buy-in, etc...
They really need a "doer" on the factory floor, someone that knows really good lean systems, can coach the production operators and implement lean on the shop floor.
This organization is a $700M+ division of a Multi-Billion dollar corporation. Their business is highly profitable with a lot of employee pride! Additionally, this position offers significant visibility at the company level as well as the parent company. They provide an excellent benefit package along with bonus potential!
- Determine the overall continuous improvement strategy for the business
- Develop and implement standard work for all manufacturing operations
- Teach, coach and mentor leadership and employees in Lean Manufacturing
- Lead Kaizen events with a "hands-on" approach
- Will serve as the change facilitator, collaborating and influencing site leadership to help drive a cultural change, constantly pushing leaders to be better
- Champion effective on-going communication throughout the organization on the implementation of lean thinking and best practices to advance lean competencies
- Strong focus on business performance results and key metrics in the elimination of waste
- Tracks, measures and reports progress on improvements using standard key performance indicators
- BS in Engineering, Management Science or a related field
- A Six Sigma Black Belt and/or Lean Certification
- A minimum of 8 years experience leading and implementing Lean Manufacturing and driving a Lean Transformation
- Has worked in a Fortune 500 World Class Lean Operating System environment
- Extensive experience leading Kaizen events
- Strong working knowledge of Lean tools & methodologies which include Standard Work, Value Stream Management, 5S, TPM, Material Replenishment, etc...
- Prefer extensive Gemba based continuous improvement tools and techniques
- Exceptional business acumen along with exemplary communication at all levels, written and verbal
- Must have a results-oriented leadership style with strong influencing skills, is a Systems Thinker - ability to see and understand the overall picture
- Must be a credible coach, mentor & teacher to all levels within an organization, from the shop floor to senior leadership
- Is "Hands-on"
Key Words: Continuous Improvement, Lean, Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen, Kanban, Transformation, 5S, Visual Controls, Standard Work, Value Stream Management, TPS, Toyota Production System, Strategy, Operations, Manufacturing, Leadership, Influence, Industrial Engineering, Waste, Culture Change, Business Acumen, Project Management, Team Building, Gemba, Six Sigma Black Belt, Lean Six Sigma, Operational Excellence
Continuous Improvement LeaderJacksonville, Florida, United States
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
Strong focus on business pe Continuous Improvement Leader World Class Consumer Products Manufacturer A worldwide leader in Consumer Products Manufacturing offers a career-making opportunity for a Continuous Improvement Leader. This Lean Guru is respons...Date Posted: 03/22/2021 Recommended
Senior Purchasing & Planning ManagerCharlotte, North Carolina, United States
Senior Purchasing & Planning Manager A Senior Purchasing & Planning Manager is needed for an industry leading industrial products manufacturer. This key position leads all purchasing and production planning for the company and is responsible for develo...Date Posted: 02/24/2021 Recommended
Director Environmental, Health & SafetyColumbus, Indiana, United States
Director Environmental, Health & Safety An innovative, leading global manufacturer has an immediate need for a Director of Environmental, Health & Safety for a growing manufacturing business. This EH&S Leader will support multiple plants located on a c...Date Posted: 03/03/2021 Recommended