Do you enjoy running a production floor? Coaching and mentoring employees? What about using your lean implementation skills? If so, you need to check this out!
A premier manufacturer of large, metal fabricated components has an immediate need for a Production Manager. Based at the company's flagship manufacturing facility that's located in a beautiful area of Northern Alabama, the Production Manager will direct a team of 5 reports and up to 150 non-union employees and is responsible for the continuous improvement, safety, quality & productivity of a large, high-mix, low-volume manufacturing plant.
This position offers a tremendous amount of visibility and is viewed as a critical part of the plant Leadership Team!
- Will set daily production goals and also develop plans for continuous improvement in the areas of safety, quality, cost & throughput
- Provide guidance and direction to Production Supervisors and Production Employees
- Develop quarterly manpower forecasts along with recommendations for continued employee training
- Build ongoing relationships with plant leaders & managers; supporting and implementing the strategies set by the leadership team
- Strong focus on employee relations for both salaried & hourly personnel
- Key focus on continued employee safety
- Will enforce the company's policies and procedures, monitor employee productivity, provide advice, instruction and feedback, and carry out disciplinary action is required
- Strong focus in first time through quality
- Budgetary responsibilities
- Bachelors Degree along with 10 years of experience in a large, complex manufacturing environment
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive Production / Operations Management experience
- Ideally should have worked in a low-volume, high-mix environment
- Prefer prior metal fabrication, welding and assembly experience
- Six Sigma Green Belt or Lean Certification
- Knowledge of blueprint reading, hydraulic, mechanical & electrical concepts along with basic business acumen
- Strong Lean Manufacturing / Continuous Improvement implementation experience
- Must be a dynamic and proven leader with excellent written & verbal communication
- Professional written & oral communication skills along with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
- Proficiency with mathematical concepts including probability & statistical inference, plane & solid geometry, fractions, percentages, ratios, etc...
Keywords: Production Manager, Business Unit Manager, Value Stream Manager, Manufacturing Manager, Operations, Non-Union, Manufacturing, Welding, Metal Fabrication, Assembly, Automotive, Trucking, Heavy Vehicle, Aerospace, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Supervision