Manufacturing Business Unit Manager
An automotive electrical components manufacturer located in the Greater Jackson, MS area has an immediate need for a Manufacturing Business Unit Manager. In this position you will direct all manufacturing and assembly operations leading a team of Production reports and Union Employees. Company offers excellent benefits and compensation.
- Manage daily operations in providing the support of design, manufacturing, and assembly of vehicle electrical systems fabrication and assembly including wiring harnesses, connection systems and cable management solutions
- Coordinate operations with management team i.e. Engineering Manager, Materials Manager, Quality Manager, HR-manager and Controlling Manager
- Ensure the total plant manufacturing objectives are accomplished, i.e. labor efficiency, material efficiency, quality ratings, delivery performance, inventory turnover,
- Ensure proper input for budget planning, i.e. headcount, capital projects, maintenance
- Optimize operation cost (personal, overtime, scrap and other expenses)
- Monitor process KPIs and convert results into PDCA cycle
- Implement and maintain all preventative/predictive maintenance, environmental, and with HR on the health and safety programs.
- Demonstrate equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new employees, or assign employee(s) to experienced workers for training.
- Provides direction, development and leadership to department heads and floor associates.
- 7+ years experience in an automotive manufacturing environment as a Operations Manager/Production Manager preferably Tier 1/ Tier 2 automotive supplier.
- BS degree - required in engineering or a technical field, MS degree is a plus.
- Proven track record of implementing plant operational reporting metrics, continuous improvement and cost reduction activities.
- Operations experience in Automotive assembly, ideally with circuit/PCB board assembly...but not required.
- Experienced proactive management practices in a union environment
- Capital Project planning and execution
- Educate and implement a continuous improvement culture with a strong process/lean background, TPS a big plus.
- Track record of achieving positive results in safety, quality, productivity, cost and team member relations.
- Quality Systems knowledge Knowledge of TS-16949 / IIATF-16949 Quality System requirements
- Problem analysis and resolution.
Key words: Production Management, Operations Management, Business Unit Manager, Manufacturing, Electrical Assembly, KPI's, Union, Safety, Quality, Unit Cost